4 Pillars of Revival (part 2)
Carriers of the Gospel change from generation to generation, but the Gospel remains the same. Now we are here, and today it is our turn. God has called you and me. The Gospel needs to be taken to the ends of the earth.
Evangelism By Fire is the only feasible solution.
People ask, “What is God saying to the Church today?”
- Why is that a problem? Does God speak so inaudibly?
- He says nothing today that is not in His Word already. I know one thing that God is saying.
If our prophets are true, they will be voicing the same urgency as Jesus Christ, and echoing the same Great Commission: “Go into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature”
There is a vast difference between revival and evangelism.
As Doctor Tozer said, “When revival comes it changes the moral climate of a community.”
- You can have revival that covers a church — Spurgeon had that.
- You can have a revival that covers a city.
- You can have a revival that covers the whole nation — and I am thinking in this context more than in the other contexts (though sometimes revival spreads from here to there — like fire spreads.)
Revival cannot be organized — evangelism can be organized.
Revival cannot be subsidized — evangelism can and usually it must be.
Revival cannot be advertised — evangelism can.