I was reading a “Heritage Magazine” printed 1907 about Alfred Garr. Garr was part of the ‘Burning Bush’, evangelists at the time of the start of Asuza Street. He took the revival to India.
As he travelled he set in place 8 principles in every church he was invited into.
This is an outline:
- Joyful worship.
- Not singing as entertainment,
- or a time filler between ‘events’.
- Doctrine sung in adoration of Jesus.
- Deep exposition of scripture in the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Hebrews 6:1-3 doctrines revisited with fire.
- Hell made clear as no option for the sinner.
- Prayer. 2Chronicles 7:14
- Waiting on the Holy Spirit.
- Specific time given in meetings on waiting for the Holy Spirit to move.
- Whether in prophecy, song, silence, quiet prayer.
- Increased emphasis on Holy Spirit Baptism.
- 2nd Coming of Jesus preached often.
- Emphasis on the message of Divine Healing.
- The biggest attraction to the church.
- Greatest evangelistic tool with salvation.
- Specific Healing Meetings were conducted.
- Burning desire to reach the lost.
- Church planting is birthed from revival meetings.
- Leaders were raised quicker than any other time.