A key to the Working of Miracles.
The ‘power gift cluster’ of Gift of Faith, Working of Miracles and Gifts of Healing, are carried mostly by Eph 4:11 evangelists. They are at the rock – face of winning converts to the faith of Jesus Christ.
With the message comes the power to manifest ‘proof’ of the message’. An ability to precipitate the Word of God to action, resulting in proof of what has been said.
What captivated communities is ‘signs wonders and miracles’. This caused people to take note of what has been said.
Acts 8:6 “When the people heard what he had to say and saw the miracles, the clear sign of God’s action, thy hung on his every word.”
Miracles are the most powerful ‘persuader’ of all.
Note how people responded:
- The cripple healed at Gate Beautiful. A miraculous healing.
Acts 5:1-10, “saying, what shall we do to these men? For that indeed a notable miracle has been done by them is manifest to all those that dwell in Jerusalem, and we cannot deny it.”
- Note the early religious church was more concerned about stopping the power of God more than anything else; the disciples had it – they didn’t.
- Act 4:28 “And now they’re at it again! Take care of their threats and give your servants fearless confidence in preaching your Message, as you stretch out your hand to us in healing’s and miracles and wonders done in the name of your holy servant Jesus.”
- The disciples wanted to continue in it and more, regardless of life threats.
- Mk 16:20 “And they went out and preached everywhere, while the Lord kept working with them and confirming the message by the attesting signs and miracles that closely accompanied [it] (so be it).”
- The promise of the Lord. The Lord continued to confirm His word , wherever they went. So we find later in the book of Acts a report back from Barnabas and Paul:
- Acts 15:12 “Then the entire multitude kept silence and gave audience to Barnabas and Paul, declaring what great miracles and wonders God had wrought among the outsider’s by them”.
God did back them up as they reported all He did with them.
Here are some insights on two of the power gifts.
Gift of Faith and the Working of Miracles:
- One of them is active and the other (Faith) is passive.
- In working a miracle you are actively involved in the working.
- When you receive a miracle, you don’t work the miracle.
- In The working of miracles, you would perform a miracle.
- The working of miracles is active; it actively works a miracle.
- The gift of faith working with the miracle would cause the person to receive the miracle – it doesn’t work a miracle, but passively receives a miracle.
- The difference between the working of miracles and the gift of faith is that the of working of miracles actively does, and the gift of faith passively receives.
- When they both happen at the same time it is explosive. Miraculous.
- Hence there is a difference between gift of faith and saving faith, given faith and fruit of faith, and hearing faith.
- When the gift of faith is in operation, it may be that nothing is seen at the time to confirm that the person has his answer even though they have faith.
- Therefore, the gift of faith may carry-over a long period of time and be sustained or continued in its action of passively receiving a miracle.
- The gift of faith is a divine gift or enabling by the Spirit of God that causes what is spoken or desired by man, or spoken by God, to ultimately come to pass.
Mt 8:8 “Lord, I don’t deserve to have You in my house. And, in truth, I know You don’t need to be with my servant to heal him. Just say the word, and he will be healed.”
- When you perform a miracle by the leading of the Holy Ghost, you are working a miracle by this supernatural gift of the Spirit – the working of miracles.
- They key to working of Miracles is seen in Jn 2:5 “His mother said to the servants, ‘Whatever He says to you, do it’”.
- Gifts of Healing work from you, (You carry them – release them by laying on of hands etc. Gift of faith works supernaturally around you (passively), Working of Miracles works through you.
Key to Working of Miracles: ‘Whatever He says to you to do – do it”.