The leader is required to pay more attention to himself than to what/who he leads.
Here are some suggestions:
1. Strongly prioritize & protect your secret place. Ac 6:4
2. Lead a culture of radical encouragement. Heb 4:12, 2
3. Create opportunities for those in your church to encounter God in powerful ways. Ac 1:4; 4:31
4. Go the extra mile in honesty in establishing accountability concerning ministry and money.
5. Be more concerned about building people than “building my ministry”.
6. Consistently follow through on what you say you will do.
7. Always look for a son/ daughter of peace to work through.
8. Pursue relationships with the strong influences in places you are called to lead.
9. Live and demonstrate the gospel supernaturally.
10. Be on the side of allowing too much Holy Spirit activity, rather than too little.
11. Tell those you lead who they are much more than you tell them what to do. Jud 6:12
12. Pastor a city and region not just a local church.
13. Realise the same environment that exposed a Judas also created eleven world changers. Mt 13:24-30