Here are some insights to the anointing:
“Let the garment be always white, and let the head lack no ointment”.
- Robe of righteousness … always be white. – Position
- Ointment which is the anointing. – Power
Different Bible translations will ‘reflect’, the same verses -yet with revealing truth. This I have found to be so amazing as the word of God highlights itself bringing insight.
What is the most attractive impelling ‘method’ of evangelisation?
Look at these scriptures:
‘This, the first of His signs (miracles, wonderworks), Jesus performed in Cana of Galilee, and manifested His glory [by it He displayed His greatness and His power openly], and His disciples believed in Him [adhered to, trusted in, and relied on Him]. AMPC
“After this many of the Jews who had accompanied Mary and observed what Jesus did, believed in him. But some of them went off to the Pharisees and told them what Jesus had done. Consequently, the Pharisees and chief priests summoned the council and said, “What can we do? This man obviously shows many remarkable signs. If we let him go on doing this sort of thing we shall have everybody believing in Him. Then we shall have the Romans coming and that will be the end of our holy place and our very existence as a nation.” JBP
Answer to the question: Signs wonders miraculous healing’s and miracles. Nothing else!!
Word, Power and proof:
Mt 9:6 Ceiling breaker.
“I, the Messiah, have the authority on earth to forgive sins. But talk is cheap—anybody could say that. So I’ll prove it to you by healing this man. ”Then, turning to the paralysed man, he commanded, “Pick up your stretcher and go on home, for you are healed.” Mk 2:9-10 TLB same
“The Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins. But how can I prove this to you? Maybe you are thinking it was easy for me to say, ‘Your sins are forgiven.’ There’s no proof that it really happened. But what if I say to the man, ‘Stand up and walk’? Then you will be able to see that I really have this power.” So Jesus said to the paralysed man, “Stand up. Take your mat and go home.” ERV
“Jesus knew right away what they were thinking, and said, “Why are you so skeptical? Which is simpler: to say to the paraplegic, ‘I forgive your sins,’ or say, ‘Get up, take your stretcher, and start walking’? Well, just so it’s clear that I’m the Son of Man and authorised to do either, or both . . .” (he looked now at the paraplegic), “Get up. Pick up your stretcher and go home.” And the man did it—got up, grabbed his stretcher, and walked out, with everyone there watching him. They rubbed their eyes, incredulous—and then praised God, saying, “We’ve never seen anything like this!” MSG
They rubbed their eyes, – AN AWAKENING!
Mt 8:9 ” For I too am a man under authority , with soldiers under me; and I say to this one ‘Go!’, and he goes, this one, ‘Come!’ and he comes, and to my servant, ‘Do this!’ and he ,”Does it“.
- In these scripture note the centurion points out his absolute submission to Caesar, and recognizes Christs submission to God.
- The Centurion sees Caesars kingdom operation as the same as God’s “Just say the word…!”
- Jesus called it “great faith”.
- Here we have a glimpse of how faith, anointing, gifts of the Holy Spirit operate.
Notice the centurion said, two things;
- He commanded his soldiers ‘to go; and ‘come’.
- He commanded his servant to ‘do this’ … a little different to soldiers.
- Soldiers are not house bound, servants seem to be.
- Soldiers – apostolic, or enforce messages of a kingdom.
- Servants are about ‘the house’ or ‘a base for soldiers’- you may have other and better perspectives.
“For as a man that is gone far in pilgrimage, left his house, and gave to his servants power/authority of every work, and commanded to the porter, that he wake [that he should wake].” Wycliffe Bible (WYC)
“It is like a man going on a journey. He left his home and gave authority to his servants, to each one his work and he ordered the doorkeeper to stay alert.” Mounce Bible.
He gave specific commands and authority to servants – the: ‘DO THIS’
- Servants had a house to keep while master was away. Master – Jesus; Servants – church leaders.
- Doorkeeper may be prophetic, but may be in a rotation with the house staff (?)
- Servants are commanded/tasked to keep the house ready for His return; as if He is already there!
- Faith: is essential for the ability, and the anointing to do so.
is the ability given to a believer by God to have dominion over time, space and matter. To break the law of time. Heb 11:1 “Now…hope…substance” (Rom 1:17 – we grow in levels of faith.)
Faith is given to:
- interrupt the process of time,
- accelerate the natural and
- manifest the supernatural.
is the ability given to the believer by God to do whatever He has called him to do. (Jesus working through humanity).
- Operate in power in your calling above natural ability.
- Obedience increases anointing.
- Believer’s anointing: Great Commission.
- Eph 4:11 Govt. gifts and anointing.
is the power of God manifested in visible form. It is God doing His works and operating according to His sovereignty and initiative. (Revival)
The anointing is:
- A divine enablement of God’s ability that has been imparted into the lives of the believer to do His work. (Gifts of H/S)
- A precious and essential element that allows the believer to do things outside of their natural ability. (Power)
- A tangible measure of God’s ability that can flow through the life of believers so as to see God given results. (Rev. gifts)
- A supernatural manifestation of the HS that can affect everything and everyone with whom it comes in contact. (Vocal Gifts)
- The anointing makes the Word of God powerful.
- The anointing convicts people of their sinful state.
- The anointing causes the fire of God to burn in one’s heart.
- The anointing brings us into a closer relationship with God.
- The anointing reveals the mind of God and thus gives divine guidance to us.
- The anointing comes into operation when you, by faith, begin to do what God says.
- When you move in the anointing you may have to move out by faith. You don’t know how He is going to do it.
- All you have to do is be obedient and act on what He tells you to do.
- Revelation is God’s valuation and measurement.
- Authority is built on God’s revelation, and His estimation of a person is according to that revelation.
- Once you hear from God you don’t have to pray about it, you just act upon the authority of the Word and you speak words of command.
To the man:
– with the withered arm He said, “Stretch forth your arm”
– who was blind, He said, “Go wash at the pool of Siloam”
– who was lame, He said, “Take up your bed and walk”
– that was dead He said, “Arise and come forth”
2017 January 15-17
Apostolic Evangelist Equipping.
“What is an evangelist”?
“What do they do/teach?”
“How does the local church work with an evangelist?”
“How does an evangelist work with a local church(s)?”
“What are, and how do, the spiritual gifts function in that Govt. gift?”
“Evangelists and revival?”
Watch NCMI.org for details.