A look at Naomi’s life:
A look in the past:
- In Moab – sin bitterness, and death of family.
- In Moab – not the will of God but in a place of pursuing the desires of the flesh.
- 3 graves were left behind. Jn 10:10; Jn 3:19; Jn 1: 4 – choice is Light and life or darkness and death.
- She had strayed from the God of the Covenant.
- Yet in all the pain; she followed her husband, and lost him!
A look at her present:
- Ru 1:22 – “This was bitter for me – this is better for me”
- God is preparing a way.
- Although she did not know the future holds, she knows who holds the future.
- Wherever I take you, I have gone before; and wherever I lead you, I have already been, and whatever you experience I have prepared what you need.
- When you come to his fields there will be enough to spare.
- Ru 2:1 Meet the kinsman – Boaz (a redeemer).
- Through Ruthe she becomes aware of an opportunity of deliverance, and joy. Wise council to Ruth will produce joy.
- As in the pools of Marah in the wilderness, when the cross (wood) is placed – it becomes sweet. The water of sadness become the wine of salvation.
Next will be the Gleaning.