The Spiritual gift of the word of knowledge is certain facts in the mind of God, which He sees fit to reveal to a servant supernaturally by His Spirit.
- It is only a “word,” or a portion of God’s great storehouse of knowledge.
- God speaks in divers manners, such as dreams, visions, revelation, or in audible voice.
- It is always conveyed supernaturally as any other gift.
- This gift can tell the whereabouts, conditions, nature, or thoughts of a person, animal, place, or thing even when it is impossible to learn it in the natural.
- It is different from the Spiritual gift of faith in that it lets you know things even when you did not pray for them.
- The Spiritual gift of faith deals with things “not yet come to pass,” else it would not be faith.
- It is not a vocal gift, as it makes you to know and not to speak.
- It is not discerning of spirits, as it has nothing to do with a supernatural spirit.
It helps one, to look into the heart, mind, or nature of a man and to know his secrets and intentions. It has helped people find lost articles, but its main purpose is to find lost souls.
This gift ( a revelation gift) operates in partnership with the Gifts of Healing (a power gift).