“Will You not revive us again, that Your people may rejoice in You?” (Amp)
In this scripture David is begging the Lord to send revival once more.
Continuing from Part 1.
Ps 51:12 “Restore to me!” Why? Because David had lost it!
He had lost his ‘Joy of Salvation’. His 1st LOVE
Restore to the church the joy. It is the joy of knowing His “first love for us” that we are able, confident, willing to respond to changing our hearts fully towards Him. Knowing he has done all for us and all we can do is worship Him.
The joy of what – Joy of salvation – IT IS Revival … revival is nothing more than the joy of the Lord restored to God’s people.
Souls getting saved at the altar is not revival – it is the result of revival.
People getting healed and delivered at the altar is not revival – it is the result of revival.
Revival is the power of God coming down into the lives of the people who have opened their hearts toward God and to the need which they know exists in their own church or life, or the individual Christian experience!
Revival is nothing more than restoring the joy of the Lord, restored to God’s people.
One of the greatest secrets in the Bible: Joel 1:10 “The new wine is dried up … and the vine is withered … the land mourns”.
Note Joel 1:12 “The vine has dried up, and the fig tree has withered; the pomegranate tree, the palm tree also, and the apple tree—
All the trees of the field are withered; Surely joy has withered away from the sons of men.” NKJV
What are these trees? The glory of the earth is the foliage that covers it. It allows the seed to become what it is created to become – fruitful. Like our heart (soil) for the word of God (seed) to be fruitful – Fruit of the Spirit – Love , Joy, peace, …
Yet we see in Joel 1:11
- “Be ashamed, O tillers of the soil…” – Evangelists.
- “… wail O vinedressers …” Pastors.
- “… for the wheat and the barley, because the harvest of the field has perished.” No food.
Then in vs 12 it tells us what has dried up:
- The fig tree – healing for the people.
- Pomegranate – the miraculous operating in the church.
- Palm tree – oil of the anointing.
- Apple tree – the truth of the word of God is devoid.
When this is not in the church – the land mourns, a nation mourns.
The church ought to be out reaping a whitened harvest.
- Temporarily powerless. But …
- Joy of the Lord is their strength.
- Need to tend their own vineyards – within.
- Act 8:8 “So there was much joy in that city”. (because there was a “forest in the heart” of Philip)
- Dt 28:48 “… you did not serve the Lord your God with joy and gladness of heart, for the abundance of everything,”
- Is 61:3 “The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness … and the oil of joy for mourning…”
- “Blow a trumpet in Zion; sound an alarm on my Holy mountain! Let all the inhabitants of the earth tremble for the day of the Lord is coming; it is near…”
Be encouraged in JOY, “Blow-Preach, the Gospel-trumpet in Zion – the church, sound an alarm – awakening … let all the inhabitants of the land tremble – evangelize in fire!
Your 1st LOVE!!