Continuation from Part 1:
Mk 14:3 “While He was in Bethany at the home of Simon the Leper, He was reclining at the table, and a woman came with an alabaster vial of very expensive perfume of pure nard. She broke the vial and poured the perfume over His head.”
Jesus was invited into a quarantine area – the house of ‘Simon the leper’.
- Everything was contaminated in the house. No masks, gown and gloves. Yet he entered.
- Where were His disciples?
- Where are the pastors, church leaders today? Are we going to enter a war zone or not?
Yet a woman entered, who was a sinner and worshiped Him. She gave all she had.
- In the face of possible infection she sought to worship Jesus more than being hindered by rules the house.
To those who lead churches, may this woman bring a true perspective of whether rules will control us or we follow and obey the rules of His Kingdom. Would we echo the words of Ac 17:6 “When they did not find them, they began dragging Jason and some brothers before the city authorities, shouting, “These men who have upset the world have come here also; and Jason has welcomed them, and they all act contrary to the decrees of Caesar, (Covid) saying that there is another king, Jesus.” Well what has upset our world and was not invited in, yet there are very few Jason’s around.
- Contrary to the decrees of Covid, because whether we obey man or God Ac 4:18 “Whether it is right in the sight of God to listen to you rather than to God, make your own judgment; … and now, Lord, look at their threats, and grant it to Your bond-servants to speak Your word with all confidence, while You extend Your hand to heal, and signs and wonders take place through the name of Your holy servant Jesus.”
The Church or Christianity cannot be muted, controlled, by a set of rules that challenge the Great Commission. Those rules of engagement in this world will not change and are given by The King and are to be implicitly obeyed by His followers. Are you?